What We Do
We pride ourselves on helping Native American and tribally-owned businesses obtain financing and gain critical access to federal business development programs and contracts by:
- Providing professional business consulting services and technical assistance at no cost to our clients.
- Delivering more than 5,000 contracts over 18 years, resulting in nearly $4 billion in contracts and more than 65,000 jobs.
- Increasing the number of American Indian/Alaska Native-owned businesses, including helping Fortune 1000 companies use more Native businesses in their supply chains.
- Fostering a new generation of American Indian/Alaska Native entrepreneurs and inspiring our youth to pursue business education and obtain practical experience.
- Leveraging the new digital economy to help Native businesses expand their reach and potential.
We serve as the voice for Native business in the Halls of Congress and with federal agencies. Our accomplishments are significant and still growing, including:
- Securing the 5% Indian Incentive Program and helping our businesses gain access to the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and other federal programs.
- Leading the effort to pass the Native American Business Incubators Program Act, which was signed into law in 2020.
- Advocating for tribes, tribally-owned businesses, and Native American and Alaska Native entrepreneurs through the CARES Act and ensuring access to PPP loans and other small business assistance.
- Elevating the voices and concerns of our community, regardless of which party is in power.
We understand access to capital is one of the biggest challenges Indian Country faces. We help businesses get the financing they need to reach their business dreams by developing networks and training as well as a robust lender referral service, including:
- Launching Native Edge Finance, Inc., (NEF) a Native Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
- Native Edge Finance’s goal is to provide economic opportunities for Native American communities and businesses by providing products and financial services to support business growth and development.
- NEF will begin lending summer of 2021.
- Connecting businesses directly with financial institutions capable of funding their dreams at events like RES and our Native Edge Institutes (NEIs).
Reservation Economic Summit
Reservation Economic Summit (RES) is the conference to attend for those looking for high caliber networking, matchmaking opportunities, business development sessions, one-on-one consulting, all centered around American Indian Enterprise.
The event features tribal leaders, members of Congress, federal agency representatives, state and local officials and top CEO’s on a national platform. It’s just one more example of how the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is building bridges of opportunity for today’s American Indian entrepreneurs.
Native Edge Institute
Native Edge Institutes (NEI) are one-day, in-person events that provide both established and aspiring business owners with critical business training. NEIs also connect participants to resources available in their region, along with one-on-one business counseling, coaching, and matchmaking services.
Procurement Technical Assistance Center
The National Center’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides professional business consulting services and technical assistance to Native American-owned businesses interested in marketing and selling their products and services to Federal, state, local, and tribal governments. The National Center’s PTAC assists business owners in marketing and networking, identifying bid opportunities, Small Business Administration connections, 8(a), HUBZone and other certifications, determining suitability for contract, and more.
Get your nomination ready!
40 Under 40 Awards
We recognizing Native American citizens for outstanding leadership and community contributions annually.
The 40 Under 40 is a prestigious award which recognizes forty emerging American Indians from across Indian Country who have demonstrated leadership, initiative, and dedication and made significant contributions in business and in their community.
“We Mean Business”
For over 50 years, the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development has been helping Indian tribes and businesses gain access to economic opportunity and growth. Thanks to your support, NCAIED is now the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation, and we’re continuing to work towards improving the lives of all American Indian people both now and for generations to come.
News and Blogs
Indigenous Tech: A Sit Down with Virtual Gurus Founder Bobbie RacetteAugust 2022
Indigenous Tech: A Sit Down with Virtual Gurus Founder Bobbie Racette We recently sat down with Bobbie Racette, who is the founder and CEO of Virtual Gurus, which is a Canada-based technology company that serves...
A Message from National Center President and CEO Chris JamesJune 2022
Hello, and I hope I got a chance to see you at the 2022 Reservation Economic Summit, which wrapped up just a few weeks ago. If you made it to Las Vegas, you were one...
Arizona MBDA Export Center Hosts Open HouseMay 2022
Arizona MBDA Export Center Hosts Open House Dignitaries in attendance included Congressman Greg Stanton and MBDA officials MESA, AZ – The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development -operator of the Arizona Minority Business Development...