Welcome To The
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 50 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and tribal people with business and economic development– we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation.
Our motto is: “We Mean Business” as we are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and
Native business people realize their business goals and are dedicated to putting the whole of Indian Country to
work to better the lives of American Indian people- both now and for generations to come.
We pride ourselves on helping Native American and tribally-owned businesses obtain financing and gain critical access to federal business development programs and contracts by:
- Providing professional business consulting services and technical assistance at no cost to our clients.
- Delivering more than 5,000 contracts over 18 years, resulting in nearly $4 billion in contracts and more than 65,000 jobs.
- Increasing the number of American Indian/Alaska Native-owned businesses, including helping Fortune 1000 companies use more Native businesses in their supply chains.
- Fostering a new generation of American Indian/Alaska Native entrepreneurs and inspiring our youth to pursue business education and obtain practical experience.
- Leveraging the new digital economy to help Native businesses expand their reach and potential.
We serve as the voice for Native business in the Halls of Congress and with federal agencies. Our accomplishments are significant and still growing, including:
- Securing the 5% Indian Incentive Program and helping our businesses gain access to the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and other federal programs.
- Leading the effort to pass the Native American Business Incubators Program Act, which was signed into law in 2020.
- Advocating for tribes, tribally-owned businesses, and Native American and Alaska Native entrepreneurs through the CARES Act and ensuring access to PPP loans and other small business assistance.
- Elevating the voices and concerns of our community, regardless of which party is in power.
We understand access to capital is one of the biggest challenges Indian Country faces. We help businesses get the financing they need to reach their business dreams by developing networks and training as well as a robust lender referral service, including:
- Launching Native Edge Finance, Inc., (NEF) a Native Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
- Native Edge Finance’s goal is to provide economic opportunities for Native American communities and businesses by providing products and financial services to support business growth and development.
- NEF will begin lending summer of 2021.
- Connecting businesses directly with financial institutions capable of funding their dreams at events like RES and our Native Edge Institutes (NEIs).
40 Under 40
Get Your Nomination Ready!
Recognizing Native American citizens for outstanding leadership and community contributions annually.
The 40 Under 40 is a prestigious award which recognizes 40 emerging American Indians from across Indian Country who have demonstrated leadership, initiative, and dedication and made significant contributions in business and/or in their community.
Get The Latest News Here
Capture all the latest news and articles related to NCAIED
Message from our CEO
Continuing to Grow
I am also thrilled to announce that our team is continuing to grow, specifically our PTAC. We’re opening a new PTAC office in Louisiana, led by Procurement Specialist Chris Jeansonne Jr. Joining Chris are Stan Sams, Procurement Specialist in the Colorado Satellite Office, and Mabel Tsosie, Procurement Specialist at the Navajo National Satellite Office. To get in touch with any of our Procurement Specialists for procurement assistance or inquiries, click here. I’m also including their contact information at the bottom of this message.
I look forward to seeing you at RES or another National Center event in the near future!
President and CEO
The National Center for American Indian
The National Center for American Indian