Most Recent Articles
Global Experience Specialists Account Manager, Hannah Persons giving a phone interview on this years “Cahokia Theme” for the National RES Las Vegas Trade Show 2013 to be held at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Conference Center.Read More
NCAIED President and CEO, Mr. Gary Davis to speak at National 8a Conference at Walt Disney World in Orlando
NCAIED President and CEO, Mr. Gary Davis, speaking today at the National 8a Conference at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Davis spoke about the importance of federal contracting and its impact on rural reservation communities. He also spoke about the mission of the NCAIED and its upcoming National Reservation Economic Summit to be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas March 11-14, 2013.Read More
National RES Las Vegas Volunteer Program • March 11 – 14, 2013
If you would like to be part of the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development volunteer program during National RES Las Vegas 2013, please fill out the electronic form and submit it before March 4th, 2013.
Volunteers for National RES Las Vegas 2013 will serve in the areas of registration, golf, conference material assembly, door monitoring and many other duties.
- Meals will be provided during your working hours at the event
- Admission into the Trade Show area
- Admission to one (1) breakout session per each full day commitment. (Volunteers are not given full attendee admission to the conference)
- Knowledge that you are supporting the development and growth of the American Indian Business Community.
Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and parking to and at the event.Download Volunteer Registration Form
“Inspiring Visions and Wide-Ranging Opportunities Align for 27th Annual National Reservation Economic Summit (National RES)”
Business is booming in Indian Country – and the 27th annual National Reservation Economic Summit (National RES), March 11-14 in Las Vegas, is poised to push it to even greater heights. The theme of this years National RES is, “Honoring Our Past…Defining Our Future.”
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development is the most firmly established national, non-profit organization in Indian Country, having been solely dedicated to developing American Indian economic self-sufficiency through business ownership for 44 years. The National RES, its signature event, is the largest and longest running American Indian business expo in the nation. It is also the NCAIED’s annual fundraising event, helping to support its various programs and initiatives throughout Indian Country.
Gary Davis, the new president and CEO of the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development, has contributed to the National RES for the past decade as a vendor, its host and emcee and NCAIED board member. This will be the first year that the national event includes his fresh approach to business in Indian Country – which includes, among other visions, the idea that the power of the National RES should be grown by way of regional summits throughout the year.
“Among the many economic development initiatives that we are spearheading at the NCAIED, we’re very focused on building relationships between corporate America and our tribes and tribal enterprises,” he said. “Each of these new relationships has the potential to provide sustainable revenue and further diversify Indian Country’s economic base. We will continue to grow these relationships throughout the year at our National and Regional Reservation Economic Summits.”
Indian Country is continually strengthening its presence on the national and global business scene. The U.S. Census Bureau, for example, reports that American Indian- and Alaska Native-owned businesses made $3.7 billion in 1987, $8.1 billion in 1992, $26.9 billion in 2002 and $34 billion in 2007.Read More
The National RES Las Vegas 2013 agenda is very close to being finalized, so please be on the look out for it in the very near future!br>
Featured Keynote Speakers include:
- Victoria Labalme – Internationally Renowned Creative Communications Strategists for Elite “Fortune 100″ Executive’s and High Performing Teams.
- Steven B. Wiley, proven entrepreneur, author and highly acclaimed speaker who has influenced tens of thousands of top executives from around the world from corporations including Kellogg, Ford, Wells Fargo, Home Depot, Bristol Myers, Verizon and many More.
- Frank OZ, Creativity, Leadership and Innovation: A Conversation with Frank OZ. If you were to bring the creators/performers of Yoda, Miss Piggy, Cookie Monster, Bert, Fozzie Bear, Grover, Animal…..and the directors of 12 Hollywood feature films all into place, you would need a pretty big room. Or, you could just invite Frank Oz, one of the most original performers and film directors of our time. In this special appearance Mr. Oz will be interviewed live on stage,covering tops such as creativity, innovation, communication, and what it takes to lead a team under pressure and what it takes to create iconic, legendary work. The feature films Frank Oz has directed include: The Indian In The Cupboard, Little Shop of Horrors, What About Bob?, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Housesitter, The Score, Bowfinger, In & Out and the original film version of Death at a Funeral