The NCAIED Organization
Who is the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development?
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. We take our motto, “Putting Indian Country To Work” to heart literally and are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native business people realize their entrepreneurial goals. Our motto also has meaning figuratively, as we are dedicated to putting the whole of Indian Country to work to better the lives of American Indian people- both now and for generations to come.
What is the mission of NCAIED?
Develop and expand an American Indian private sector which employs Indian labor, increases the number of viable tribal and individual Indian businesses, and positively impacts and involves reservation communities, by establishing business relationships between Indian enterprises and private industry
How does the NCAIED fulfill its mission?
- Supply Management & Technical Assistance to Tribal & individually owned Indian businesses nationwide
- Serves as a training and resource center for native entrepreneurs
- Produce conferences, trade fairs & fundraising events that advance economic development across Indian Country
- Advocate for American Indian and Alaska Native business development
- Through the expansion and creation of domestic and global economic development opportunities
What are the numbers for NCAIED?
- Seven offices nationwide
- 37 years in existence
- Stable organization of nearly four (4) decades
- 56 employees
- 1,400 clients
- Procure $500M annually for clients annually
- Maintain an extensive contact database of over 31,000 records
- Worked with 80% of tribes
- Produce 5 annual signature events